Hi, I’m Stephanie.
I’m a self-taught web developer who is currently (re-)learning React JS and tackling WordPress web development. I’m taking courses with Scrimba, Udemy, and recently brushed up on WordPress, Advanced Custom Fields, and PHP through Skillcrush’s WordPress Developer Blueprint. I used to be a freelance journalist and I still enjoy writing and editing.
During this COVID-19 pandemic:
- Revamped a WordPress website, significantly improving the look of the original website. Created a membership section with payment options for Copper City Community Connection.
- I built a microsite for Hope Partnership for Education’s virtual FriendRaiser event and helped promote the fundraiser on the school’s main website page. The event raised over $300,000.
- I continued maintaining a website I built for Washington Heights NYC nonprofit Uptown Stories.
- I worked with Marlo Turner Ritchie of Montreal’s Social Impact Consulting to build a bilingual website showcasing COVID-19 community resources for residents of Côte-des-Neiges–Notre-Dame-de-Grâce. Our website was mentioned in a Côte-des-Neiges–Notre-Dame-de-Grâce borough newsletter for residents.
- I built a landing page and mapped data for the Postal Greenhouse team during April’s Together vs Virus online hackathon.
When I’m not coding (which is most of the time), during the summer I can usually be found in my garden, or walking or bicycling around my neighbourhood. When this pandemic is over I’ll head into the city (Montreal) to enjoy good food, music, and company. For now, I’ll be at home, relaxing with a good book.